The Millstone lets readers comment on articles via the Disqus system. To use Disqus you must first sign up for an account with them.
We welcome your comments, both positive and negative, about our site and its content, on these terms:
What is acceptable:
- comments that are relevant to the topic of the article you’re commenting on
- comments that are civil and constructive
What is not acceptable:
- racist, sexist or offensive language
- personal attacks or potentially defamatory statements
- breaking of copyright rules (such as posting images or content without permission and attribution)
- violating privacy by, for example, posting personal information such as phone numbers or email addresses
- threats or suggestions of committing a criminal act
- insensitive comments regarding the death or injury of individuals
If your comments don’t meet these standards we will delete them, ban you from further commenting, or both.
Commenting is optional for submissions
If you are contributing an item for publication to The Millstone and don’t wish to allow readers to comment on it, please advise us at the time of submission.