JOB POSTING –Employment Opportunity
Finance Assistant (Community Health Programs) 0.6 FTE (21 hours per week)
North Lanark Community Health Centre
30 Bennett Street, Carleton Place, ON (with occasional work in Lanark, ON)
June 19, 2017
The North Lanark Community Health Centre, a part of Lanark Renfrew Health & Community Services, is a fully accredited health centre providing primary health care, health promotion programs and illness prevention services.
The Finance Assistant, under the direction of the Director of Finance, will primarily be responsible to maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for activities in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable and receivable and maintaining the financial accounts of the Community Health Centers (North Lanark and Whitewater-Bromley). This position will act as the first line of contact with vendors or staff regarding invoicing. This role will also ensure that all month-end and year-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting, or a related field or a combination of related education and experience
- A minimum three years of experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Computer skills with a range of software including accounting and Microsoft applications. Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset.
- Meticulous with numbers
- Demonstrated time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Effective communication and ability to work individually as well as part of a team
Reporting Relationship: The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Director of Finance
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the organization’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume detailing their qualifications and interest in the position. Application deadline is 12:00 noon on May 18th, 2017 Applications should be sent to the attention of Amy Vanderspank, Director of Finance, email@example.com
If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact Amy Vanderspank, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-257-7619 x1308 to let us know how we can assist you.
Although we appreciate all responses, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The North Lanark Community Health Centre, a part of Lanark Renfrew Health & Community Services, is a fully accredited health centre providing primary health care, health promotion services and illness prevention services. LRHCS is a HOOPP employer.