Almonte Community Co-ordinators – Team Leader
Full time position – averages 37.5 to 40 hours a week
As an effective leader and mentor, you are a motivated and results-oriented Team Leader.
Your Purpose as Team Leader
To recommend and institute best practices related to the direction, planning, workflow and marketing promotion of the Hub and Rebound store(s). This includes research, development, promotion and support of social activities, community outreach projects and other events which support the Almonte Community Co-ordinators (ACC) mandate.
The Reporting Structure
The Team Leader reports to the 2nd Vice President and has opportunities to liaise with the Board of Directors and other Committee members.
The Must Haves
- 3+ years of retail experience, ideally in a Store Manager or Team Leader role.
- Detailed understanding of the retail environment, in the context of clothing and housewares merchandise.
- In-depth understanding of retail store operations, processing/sorting, merchandising, marketing, sales analysis, and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Experience with POS Systems, Merchant Systems and Sales Journal Reconciliation.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail and committed to follow up and problem solving.
- Experience in the training, coaching, supervision, problem solving of Team Members and/or Volunteers.
- Ability to prepare and present written reports for the Board of Directors, the Membership and/or others as required.
- Committed to ensuring the store, staff and volunteers are aware and comply with relevant legislative statutes.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds independently
- Ability to lift 120 pounds in a tandem team lift
- Ability to push and pull using a wheeled dolly
Marketing & Public Relations
- Excellent focus on customer service and the donor experience.
- Monitor store layout, merchandise presentation, pricing, and sales promotions.
- Manage social media channels and com website.
- Support volunteers and staff with customer inquiries.
- Liaise with community partners to assist, develop or support fundraisers and events.
- Other duties as required.
Administrative & Management Duties
- Provide recommendations and direction to support quality improvement initiatives.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with local and regional thrift stores.
- Develop, maintain and/or update Staff Training Manuals, Volunteers Manuals and Files, monthly H&S reports, and other general ledgers.
- Manage aspects of staffing, such as: scheduling, recruitment, retention, payroll, monitoring quality processes, performance appraisals, etc.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with daily store operations.
- Provide Team Members and volunteers with focused training opportunities and support.
- In partnership with the Volunteer Coordinator, schedule Volunteers for store operations.
- Perform general office duties, which includes ordering office/store supplies.
- Other duties as required.
Evaluation & Measuring Success
The Team Leader will undergo a Performance Appraisal at the end of the first three-month period. Thereafter, the Team Leader will be reviewed at a minimum annually.
Success will be measured based on the store operations and other factors, including:
- Is the Hub/Rebound attractive, clean, and well maintained?
- Is the staff and volunteer engagement and experience with store operations inclusive, positive, and participatory?
- Are the store operations consistent with current best practices in the retail environment?
- Are the fundraising goals, as determined by the Board of Directors, being met or exceeded?
- Are the monthly reporting obligations, such as Health & Safety and Ontario Accessibility, being submitted accurately and according to deadlines?
- Have the expectations outlined by the Board of Directors been met?
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence, a résumé with a cover letter indicating how they meet the posting requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00PM, Tuesday, October 17, 2017. We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Should you require this document in an alternative format or require any special accommodations in order to apply or interview for a position with the Almonte Community Co-ordinators, please contact us at 613-256-5225.