by Diana Filer
- In summer, especially in a country like India so surrounded by water, the land is usually warmer than the ocean. This causes air to rise over the land and air to blow in from the ocean to fill the void left by the risen air. This rising air causes the clouds and heavy precipitation to form.
- MMIWI stands for the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Inquiry.
- The bumble bee humming bird is North America’s smallest bird.
- It was Archimedes, the Greek physicist, mathematician and inventor, who discovered the laws of buoyancy and replacement.
- There have been 12 different sporting events in this year’s Invictus Games in Toronto, with 17 countries competing, 2 more than last year.