Saturday November 18, 9:30-3pm, Sunday November 19th, 9:30-1 pm.
I paint in acrylics. Painters working in other mediums are welcome but please discuss this with me before signing up.
Here is what you need for Option #1 (bring your own materials).
For Option #2 (materials included) you still need to bring an easel.
- A large pad of newsprint and a board to clip paper to (plus bulldog clips or equivalent
- A set of brushes for acrylic–multiple sizes
- A limited palette of colours.
- Titanium white
- Hansa yellow medium
- Cadmium yellow
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Red
- Pthalo Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Quinacradone violet or red.
- Three canvases or boards (masonite) ranging from 18″ x 20″ up to 40″
- water container
- Easel (If you don’t have one please let me know).
You should know!
My teaching style acknowledges that our styles are as individual as our faces.
While one likes to go home with a “finished” painting, that approach has ruined many a painting and can give paintings a laboured aesthetic. I encourage my students to stay fresh, fall down often, let go, produce a lot, discover what is working well and expand on that.
Option #1 + an EASEL
$375 tuition + $48.75 = 423.75
Option #2 ( you are covered but: beg borrow or steal and easel!).
$375 tuition + $50.00 materials + $55.25 =480.25
Please inform me of your preference by email as well as sending your cell/phone number and a little bit about your painting experience thus far.
Payment can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or by cheque sent to: