All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. There is no charge for any submission, including classified ads.
We are a non-profit and volunteer-run newspaper for the people of Mississippi Mills, Ontario. We accept submissions of relevance and interest to our community, under the following terms:
- We appreciate all submissions but do not guarantee that all will be printed in The Millstone.
- If you submit photos, please make sure that you have the permission for publication in the Millstone of all identifiable individuals in any photo.
- All submissions must be original and must not infringe the copyright of any third party. The copyright in all submissions to the Millstone remains with the author.
- The Millstone reserves the right to verify the identity of any person submitting articles, opinions or letters to the editor.
All contributions must be accompanied by the name, telephone number, street address and e-mail address of the contributor. Only the name of the contributor will be published. Other personal information will be retained by the Millstone in order to communicate with the contributor and will be deleted within two years of the last contact.
Articles, letters, press releases, etc.
- Submit text-heavy items in MS Word format, or as plain text.
- Avoid formatting such as indents, tabs, etc, as it has to be removed in most cases.
- Text in PDF format does not work for us, nor does Macintosh Pages.
- Photos to accompany articles should be in JPG format. Photos in PNG format are usually much too large and we need to reformat them.
If you know how to resize photos, please send them at a maximum of 800 px wide. If not, don’t worry about it. We’ll resize them.
- If you’re submitting a poster or flyer for the Billboard, we prefer it in JPG format when possible, since that’s the format we have to publish it in.
PDF files are acceptable, though not preferred, if they don’t contain a lot of text. Note that we have to reformat these before publishing, which may affect the quality.
As a non-profit, volunteer-run newspaper with no paid staff and no advertising revenue, we are not always able to respond to every email we receive on the day it’s sent, or on the next day either depending how many we have to get through. If you don’t hear back from us right away, please be patient.
On the other hand, emails do sometimes go missing or end up in the ‘Spam’ folder. If you don’t hear back after a couple of days please do send a reminder.
Editors and contributors
Publisher: Edith Cody-Rice
Editor in Chief: Brent Eades
Contributing Editor: Edith Cody-Rice
Food Editor: Gay Cook