1. The Olympic Games motto is ‘’Faster, Higher, Stronger’’, was proposed by Baron Pierre de Coubertin in 1894 at the creation of the International Olympic Committee
2. The word boomerang, meaning a returning stick, comes from the Australian aboriginal Turuwai, a subgroup of the Dharug language. Other words from Dharug are wallaby;dingo, koala and kookaburra.
3. Hog to hog speed is a term used in curling.
4. The meaning of ‘bar mitzvah’ is ‘son of the commandment’.
5. An auto da fe was a ceremonial ritual of public penance performed on condemned ‘apostates’ and ‘heretics’ used in the Spanish Inquisition, followed by the execution of whatever punishment was imposed by the civil authorities.