1. The term ‘blue bloods’ comes from 15th century Spain, where the veins of people with fair complexions appeared blue, so they referred to themselves as such to distinguish them from the darker complected Moors.
2. The last movie in which Audrey Hepburn appeared before her 1993 death was Stephen Spielberg’s ‘Always’ (1989), in which she portrayed an angel.
3. Sharon Wood, born in Halifax but raised in Vancouver, reached the summit of Mount Everest in 1986, without Sherpa assistance to boot.
4. Clourophobia is fear of clowns.
5. The Anglo-Zanzibar war of August 27, 1896, lasted just 38 minutes, from 9.02 a.m. until 9.40 a.m.