The Canadian Cheese Awards, a new venture in Canada highlights the top cheeses produced in Canada last week with 76 producers from across the country submitting 291 cheeses for judging that took place at the University of Guelph.
- Cheese of the year: Le Baluchon from Saite-Anne-de-la-Perade, Que. also won the best Semi-Soft cheese.
- Best Firm Cheese with holes: St. Elizabeth-de-Warwich, Que.
- Best Smoked Cheese; Red Deer, Alb.
- Best Mild/Medium Cheddar, L’Isle-aux-Grues, Que.
- Best Aged Cheddar: Farm House, Agassi, B.C.
- Best Gouda; Blyth Farm Cheese, Blyth, Ont.
- Best Blue Cheese: Dragon’s Breath Blue, Nova Scotia
- Best Goat’s Milk Cheese, Mariposa Dairy
- Best New Cheese, Saint-Benoit-du-Lac, Que.