The Millstone wishes to be a civil forum for the discussion of issues affecting Mississippi Mills. We welcome comments on our stories. Here are our guidelines regarding comments:
1. Most articles on our site are open to comments; however, occasionally we will close an article to comments.
2. Comments are automatically closed 14 days after the article is published.
3. The Millstone no longer accepts purely anonymous comments. We will only accept comments from those who have registered with the Disqus commenting system, or who choose to use their Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts to comment.
4. When commenting we ask you to:
- Make sure that you own, or have permission to use, any external content you include in your comments. This includes all photos, video or audio.
- Keep content relevant to the topic.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- Ensure that your content is not offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability.
- Respect other people’s privacy by not including personal information in content (such as phone numbers and email addresses.)
5. Your content should not contain:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content.
- Anything illegal.
- Hate speech.
- Threats, harassment.
- Personal attacks, insults or defamatory statements.
Anyone who does not respect these guidelines may be banned from commenting on this site, and have their comments deleted.