- 2 large free-range eggs at room temperature if possible
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125 ml) salad oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded zucchini (including juice)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped quite small in food processor
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 tsp (10 ml) orange zest or 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1½ cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 ml) salt1. Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Place muffin paper liners in each muffin cup or greased muffin pan cups.
2. In mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, salad oil along and stir in grated zucchini and chopped carrots along with vanilla and orange zest or chopped chives. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the mixture into the egg mixture.
3. Pour mixture into muffin pan cups and bake for 20 minutes or until firm to finger touch.