On Friday June 12, 2015, members of the Ontario Provincial Police Drug Enforcement Unit assisted by Carleton Place OPP Detachment Officers conducted a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) investigation which led to the arrest of Laura Thompson (46 years) of Mississippi Mills.
During the investigation the following items were seized:
- 100 – 24 mg Hydromorphone capsules
- 152 – 40 mg Oxycontin tablets
- $800 in Canadian Currency
- $120 in American Currency
Thompson is charged with:
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance of Bail x 3
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking
She was remanded into custody pending a bail hearing on June 15, 2015 in the Ontario Court of Justice, Perth, Ontario.