- The Brayons are Francophone people from the Madawaska area of New Brunswick, mostly from in and around Edmundston. They feel most closely related to the French of Quebec, given their history of farming and forestry rather than to the maritime Acadians.
- Cymatics is a subset of vibration phenomena; resonance – sound – made visual.
- The members of the Women’s Social and Political Union were better known as Suffragettes.
- An omelette Arnold Bennett contains smoked haddock.
- Crunning is a new fitness trend combining crawling and running, devised in Australia this fall.