Are you interested in learning more about your family tree? The NLRM is hosting four genealogy workshops this November!
- Tuesday, November 17th, 2-4 pm: Getting Started on Your Own Family Tree
- Thurday, November 19th, 2-4 pm: Working on Your Own Family Tree
- Friday, November 20th, 2-4 pm: Working on Your Own Family Tree
- Saturday, November 21st, 9:30am-12pm: DNA Testing for Genealogy
The workshop is intended for people who wish to begin building a family tree, or who wish to take advantage of the sources and services on the internet.
For people who have considerable experience already, the workshop will provide a refresher, a discussion of current online resources, and some research assistance.
There will be a review of alternative approaches so that participants can be confident they will not be faced with the need to repeat any work later.
Free Access will be provided to Ancestry.ca during the workshop.
Family trees started by attendees will be transferred to private Ancestry accounts or laptop computers for anybody who wishes to continue their research.
- There will be 2 instructors to provide assistance while attendees are building their trees.
- The DNA session will help attendees decide whether and how to proceed with DNA testing.
For more information or to sign up, please click here.