by Susan Hanna
This salad from Chatelaine is supposed to serve four, but it was so good the two of us ate it all in one sitting. This is a great way to use up the green beans, cherry tomatoes and fresh oregano from your garden.
Avoiding Additives and Preservatives
Use a red wine vinegar with no sulfites added, such as Eden Organic brand. Look for shrimp and feta with no additives or preservatives. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit Eye For A Recipe.
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) trimmed green beans
- 12 oz (340 g) frozen peeled shrimp, thawed
- 4 cups (1 L) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) crumbled feta
- 1 cup (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- Whisk oil with vinegar, oregano and garlic in a large bowl until combined. Season with fresh pepper.
- Boil a pot of water. Add green beans and cook until tender crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water and pat dry. You can boil the shrimp in the same water or sauté them in a pan with oil. Cook until shrimp turns pink, about 3 min.
- Add beans and shrimp to dressing, along with romaine and onion. Toss until coated. Add feta and tomatoes. Serves 2-4.