Are you interested in learning more about your family tree?
The North Lanark Regional Museum is hosting four genealogy workshops this November!
Wednesday, Nov. 16th, 2-4 pm: Getting Started on Your Own Family Tree
Thursday, Nov. 17th, 2-4 pm: Working on Your Own Family Tree
Friday, Nov. 18th, 2-4 pm: Working on Your Own Family Tree
Saturday, Nov. 19th, 9:30am-12pm: DNA Testing for Genealogy
- The workshop is intended for people who wish to begin building a family tree, or who wish to take advantage of the sources and services on the internet.
- For people who have considerable experience already, the workshop will provide a refresher, a discussion of current online resources, and research assistance.
- There will be a review of alternative approaches so that participants can be confident they will not be faced with the need to repeat any work later.
- Free Access will be provided to Ancestry.ca during the workshop.
- Family trees started by attendees will be transferred to private Ancestry accounts or laptop computers for anybody who wishes to continue their research.
- There will be two instructors to provide assistance while attendees are building their trees.
- The DNA session will help attendees decided whether and how to proceed with DNA testing.
The cost is $15 per session or $50 for all four sessions. For more information or to sign up, please visit our website at www.northlanarkregionalmuseum.com/NLRM_Genealogy_Workshop2016.html. You can also call 613-257-8503 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
647 River Road, Appleton.