The Clayton Senior’s Housing Corporation (CSHC) is searching for volunteers to join its Board of Directors.
The Board is responsible for overseeing the operation of the Linn Bower Apartments, a 25-unit apartment building for seniors in Clayton. The apartments are a mix of market rent and rent-geared-to-income (RGI) units. The RGI units are subsidized through Lanark County Social Housing.
We are looking for volunteers who would have:
- A commitment to CSHC’s mission;
- Knowledge of (or interest in) social housing;
- Knowledge of (or interest in) senior’s issues;
- Availability and willingness to fulfill board member duties;
- Openness to learning; and
- Ability to work as a team.
We would be particularly interested in hearing from members of the community who have a background in law, accounting or finance.
The Board meets on the last Monday morning of each month and meetings typically last less than two hours. The Board does not meet in July and August.
For more information or to volunteer please contact Dave Morton at 613-256-6333 or by e-mail at dave_morton@ storm.ca