KBR SCREENPRINT & EMBROIDERY of Carleton Place, is looking for a third Production Assistant to compliment our current staffing. We are currently a small but dynamic team of three. The Production Assistant reports directly to the Owner.
- Post-secondary education
- 1 to 2 years experience in customer service is ideal
- Good command of English language
- Ability to learn the garment industry and remain current on trends
- Energetic team player who works well under pressure
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated willingness and desire to learn and do what is needed to “get the job done”
- Ability to learn all elements of the project, including timelines, production limitations and conceptual design to meet the customer’s needs.
- Understanding of graphics, layout and design is helpful
- Some mechanical abilities to troubleshoot equipment issues would be helpful
- He/she will be responsible for Customer Service
- Heat Press decorating
- Embroidery on various garments/items using our 2-head embroidery system
- Provide Screen-printing production support by cleaning, prepping and burning film to screens
- Folding of finished garments
- Prepare work orders for jobs as per customer specifications
- Assist with order placement and processing of incoming raw materials, general sorting
- Other Ad Hoc jobs assigned by the Owner
The position is part-time. Beginning salary is minimum wage.
Candidate will be required to be available as per assigned schedule. Shop hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Thursday until 7pm), with occasional weekend work when the workload requires the extra time. Schedule is based on a shared workload and is dependent on job priority and volume. This position could easily grow to full time, if desired, as we are growing our company and expanding services.
NOTE: This job requires the ability to lift up to 65 pounds, it also involves standing for long periods and repetitive work.
Contact Kelly McCracken by e-mail (Kelly@kbrscreenprint.com) or phone 613-257-3332.