by Susan Hanna
This recipe from Real Simple is low-calorie (205 per serving) and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Whip up a buttermilk-based dressing flavoured with fresh herbs, toss Bibb lettuce with radishes and dressing and top with grilled salmon. Cook’s note: I used tarragon instead of mint and it was delicious.
Avoiding Additives and Preservatives
Use an all-natural or homemade mayonnaise. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit Eye for a Recipe.
- 1 16-oz. (454 g) skin-on salmon fillet, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- ¾ teaspoon (3 ml) kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon (3 ml) freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) finely chopped fresh basil, plus leaves for serving
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) finely chopped fresh mint, plus leaves for serving
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 4-oz. (113 g) head Bibb lettuce, leaves torn in half
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced (about ½ cup/125 ml)
- Season salmon with ½ (2.5 ml) teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Cook salmon, skin side down, until opaque and cooked most of the way through, about 7 minutes. Flip and cook to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium-well. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Break into large pieces and discard the skin.
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, chopped basil, chopped mint, garlic, and remaining ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) salt in a small bowl. Toss together lettuce, radishes, basil leaves, mint leaves, and remaining teaspoon pepper in a large salad bowl. Top with salmon and drizzle with dressing. Serves 4.
From Real Simple