by Diana Filer
- A Candu is a pressurized heavy water nuclear reactor used to generate electric power. There are currently 18 in operation in Canada.
- An IPO is an ‘initial public offering’: when a private company raises investment capital by offering its stock to the public for the first time.
- The most recent census indicates that Canada’s population has reached 37 million.
- Breaker breaker is CB (Citizens Band radio)slang for the speaker announcing that he/she would like to start transmission on a channel.
- Lithology is the scientific study of rocks.