by Gay Cook
This is a delicious bread recipe from Michael Smith, a well known chef from Canada’s east coast. I hope you will find have fun making this tasty treat especially when it’s enjoyed with lots of butter.Don’t hesitate to call (613 728-3253) or write me at email@example.com.
1 loaf of Country Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose or bread flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup any multi-grain mix
- 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 5/8 cups of war
- Whisk the dry ingredients together thoroughly. Add the water and stir until a wet dough forms. Continue stirring until the dough incorporates all the loose flour in the bowl, about 60 seconds in total.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and rest in a warm place for 18 hours. It will double in size, bubble and long gluten strands will form.
- Knock the dough down and form it into a baking pan or in heavy casserole pan with lid. Rest the dough a second time. In 2 to 3 hours it will rise again and double in size once more.
- Bake 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 425 degrees F.