A love-filled, heartfelt thank you to all who joined us at Palms the Coffee Shop on our last day at 78 Mill Street.
With your help and generosity we raised $517.90 for the Peter Parsons Endowment Fund at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute. The fund contributes to the work of the Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic through research and education while supporting a varied team of healthcare professionals across our region, whose labour of love is to advance cardiovascular care and save lives.
This was the perfect way to end a wonderful 8+ years on Mill Street and I have put together some more fun facts regarding Palms, these are averages and I low-balled it a bit but bakers do love numbers!
- 10,500 pounds of coffee consumed
- 12,600 litres of milk consumed
- 103 drinks served per day
- 76,440 scones made
- 2 ccones returned from unsatisfied customers
- Confidential – amount of butter used in baking those scones
… and yes, we made everything on site everyday!