by Diana Filer
- There are 29 countries in NATO. It was founded in 1949, with 12 countries participating, including Canada.
- Anchovies are the key ingredient of Worcestershire sauce, along with tamarind.
- There were only 7 inmates in the Bastille prison on July 14, 1789.
- The Brix Scale is a hydrometer scale for measuring the amount of sugar in a solution at a given temperature. Used in measuring sugar in maple syrup.
- A Tennessee Walker is a breed of gaited horse known for its 4-beat running walk and flashy movement.