by Diana Filer
- The Canadian Hoodoos, tall, thin rock spires, are mostly in Drumheller, Alberta, and are composed of clay and sand, deposited during the earth’s Cretaceous Period.
- The Delta Aquarid Meteor Shower should have been visible to us in Canada this month had the moon not been so bright.
- A ten millionth of a joule is an erg, a unit of work or energy.
- Apart from being a cross between a peach and plum, the original meaning of pleach is to entwine or interlace tree branches to form a hedge or a cover for an outdoor walkway.
- Imran Khan is the new president of Pakistan. He is an international cricket star, and former husband of journalist and television producer, Jemima Goldsmith, who is from the extremely wealthy British family.