by Diana Filer
- Queen Anne, who was the daughter of James II, followed William and Mary as queen, but having no surviving children to continue the line took to drink to get her through the day, hence the nickname Brandy Nan.
- LARP is Live Action Role Playing, a game where the participants physically portray their characters. The play can be a small private event, or a large one, where thousands participate for days, performing pre-arranged themes.
- Tilley Endurables is a Canadian company founded in 1980 by Alex Tilley in Toronto. Its most famous product, the Tilley Hat, was originally created for weekend sailors like himself.
- The ukulele is the easiest instrument to learn, followed by the harmonica.
- Aretha Franklin was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on March 25th, 1942.