- The Fourth Wise Man was a priest of the Magi named Artaban, a Mede from Persia who stopped on the way to Bethlehem to save the life of a child, and thus missed the caravan of the other 3 Magi.
- The super ego is responsible for morality, according to Freud’s model of the psyche.
- The decibel was named in honour of Alexander Graham Bell.
- A Moebius Strip has only one surface and one side.
- In the Battle of Thermopylae, the Spartans were defeated by the Persian army under King Xerxes. Although technically a defeat for the Greeks, it did mark the beginning of several important Greek victories over the Persians.
With thanks to Glenn Fawcett.