by Diana Filer
- Although St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador is the oldest Canadian city, founded in 1583, it was not incorporated until 1921, so Quebec City is the oldest officially, incorporated in 1608.
- The Ionian Sea is an elongated bay of the Mediterranean Sea, bounded by Italy, Albania and Greece.
- ‘Tattoo’ is a Polynesian word of the same meaning.
- The Doomsday Clock time is still 11.58 pm: 2 minutes to Doomsday.
- The most watched television show in Canadian history was the 2010 Olympics hockey final between Canada and the USA, won by Canada.