- Some Buddhists do not eat garlic because it ‘excites the senses’. Eaten raw, it is claimed to cause distemper; cooked, thought to be an aphrodisiac. In both cases, garlic would ‘disturb a peaceful mind’.
- A Haiku is a Japanese poetic form composed of 5,7 and 5 syllables traditionally.
- Yellowknife, NWT, is currently, according to its trademarked slogan, ‘The Diamond Capital of North America’
- Puglaas is the Kwakwaka’wakw name of Jody Wilson-Raybould. In English it means roughly ‘born of noble people’.
- There are just over 28 grams in an ounce.