by Diana Filer
- A diocese is the jurisdiction of a bishop.
- Naxos is the largest island in the Mediterranean group, the Cyclades.
- Through the ages epilepsy has been called ‘the sacred disease’. The doubtful origin of this term has been attributed to Hippocrates.
- Keith Urban won Entertainer of the Year at last Sunday’s Academy of Country Music Awards.
- Krypton is a noble gas, comprising about 0.0001% of the earth’s atmosphere. It is combined with argon for some kinds of fluorescent lighting, but it is rare and therefore expensive to isolate and so is not popularly used. It has no relation to the word kryptonite of Superman comics.