by Diana Filer
- Edward I, known as Longshanks and also as the Hammer of the Scots, was King of England from 1272 to 1307.
- Don Juan Pond in Victoria Land, Antarctica is the saltiest body of water in the world. It is extremely shallow, and the source of the water is a mystery.
- A mudra, a Sanskrit word meaning seal, or mark, is a gesture of the fingers in yoga to facilitate the flow of energy in the body.
- Huginn and Muninn, were two raven attendants of Odin, who would fly all over the world, Midgard, to bring him information every day.
- Castoreum, a secretion of the anal glands of the beaver, was used for its medicinal properties as well as for perfumes.