ALMONTE JUNIOR CIVITANS MOTHER’S DAY BREAKFAST
The Almonte Junior Civitans warmly invite you to join us for our 11th annual Mother’s Day Breakfast, Sunday May 12 from 8 – 11 am at our Community Hall. Give Mom a break and treat her and the family to a great meal of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hash browns, toast. Juice, coffee and tea. This is the second of two major fundraisers the Almonte Junior Civitans run each year to help us carry out our mandate of “making the world a better place.”
The Junior Civitan Club was sponsored by the adult Civitan Club in 2008. We are kids in grades 7-12 who earn necessary community hours for school as we volunteer for a variety of projects. Currently, we are 6 boys and 7 girls supported by Civitan Advisors.
Since December we have:
- Run a “Sold Out” Spaghetti Supper – thanks to our community for its support!!
- Played Wii Bowling and donated to support Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Helped seniors play bingo at Fairview Manor and provided the prize money
- Donated to ADHS Senior Basketball Team in their quest at OFSSA
- Donated to Hike for Hospice
- Completed two mats made from milk bags to be sent overseas and collected about
- 25 lbs of pop tabs for our Collection Selections projects with Jr Civitan International
And there is more to do before we finish in June:
- Helping at The Mills Group Home Spring Dance
- Donation to AGH-FVM
- Donation to Mississippi Mills Youth Centre
- Hearing from Planet Youth Lanark County on Teen Addiction
We will break for the summer with a pizza party as we review our photo album! We are always looking for new members to enjoy the service and fellowship of Civitan.
Contact us at:
email@example.com or 613-256-6234 or check us out at www.almontecivitan.com
We have elected officers who lead the business meetings, but we all grow and learn as we carry out our various projects. We meet on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month at the Almonte Civitan Hall at 7:30 pm.