Answers to Diana’s Quiz – June 6, 2015
- 2 is the first prime number.
- A red ribbon tied to a horse’s tail means that the horse is a kicker.
- In bridge, a Yarborough means a hand with no card higher than a 9.
- The Russians launched the unmanned satellite, Sputnik 1, into orbit in 1957 from a site in Kazakhstan. It was a shiny metal sphere measuring 53 centimetres in diameter and fell to earth after only two months. It initiated the international space race.
- Saturday, June 6, marked the 71st anniversary of ‘D-day’, the invasion of allied troops into Normandy, France.