by Diana Filer
- The Ottawa Redblacks and the Calgary Stampeders are playing in this year’s Grey Cup.
- Jean-Claude Juncker is the President of the European Commission.
- The Hartland Bridge over the St John River from Hartland to Somerville, New Brunswick, is the longest covered bridge in the world at 391 meters. It is a National Historic Site.
- An interstellar cloud of dust and gas is a nebula.
- A pane of stamps is the unit into which sheets of stamps are divided before delivery to a post office for sale.