2023 winter/spring open studio sessions
Enjoy a bright, natural-light studio in the charming village of Appleton. Professional instruction, friendly atmosphere, and helpful feedback from your fellow students make these sessions both fun and instructive!
‘OPEN STUDIO’ SESSIONS – for artists of all levels
Tuesday mornings: 9:00am – 11:30am
Tuesday afternoons: 1pm – 3:30pm
Wednesday mornings: 9:00am – 11:30am
Wednesday afternoons: 1pm – 3:30pm
These unique ‘Open Studio’ sessions are for all levels, from beginners to those with years of art-making experience. Participants have many options:
– Personal instruction in painting techniques (acrylics or water-based oils).
– Discussing about the essential rules of composition, colour theory, etc.
– Step by step lessons in drawing with pencil or ink (negative spaces, perspective, tonal drawing, etc).
– Learning the fundamentals of coloured pencil or watercolour.
– Working on your own projects (landscape, still life, animals, portraits, etc) in your choice of medium.
Classes run for eight weeks, starting March 7/8. Cost is $295.
Register early – classes are limited to six people and fill quickly!
For more information contact: Adrian Baker, BFA, MFA
NOTE: Proof of at least one COVID booster n is required. Masks are optional.