Saturday, May 28, 2022

ALMONTE ONTARIO

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

Diana’s Quiz — May 28 2022

QUESTIONS 1.  In which shipyard was the HMS...

STEM & VR summer camps at the Library

Exciting STEM & VR Summer Camps at...

Multi-Household Garage Sale, May 29

SUNDAY, May 29 8:00 a.m. to...
NewsBarn destroyed in Wednesday night fire

Barn destroyed in Wednesday night fire

MM-Fire
Millstone file photo

The Mississippi Mills Fire Department stations 1 and 2 responded to a barn fire at approximately 7 p.m last night (January 27) on Old Perth Road. A tanker truck from the Beckwith Fire Department was also called for assistance.

On arrival, the barn was fully involved. The firefighters had to wait for hydro to get on scene and disconnect power before we could fully and safely suppress the fire.

There were no injuries and no animals were kept in the barn.

The fire is believed to have been caused by the improper disposal of hot ashes.

The Mississippi Mills Fire Department would like to remind residents to properly dispose of wood stove ashes by making sure they are fully soaked with water. For further information residents are encouraged to call the fire department at 613-256-1589.

 

Related

FOLLOW US

Latest

From the Archives