Carleton Place & District Horticultural Society
A new season starts for Carleton Place & District Horticultural Society, on March 1st 2017. The first meeting of the year will be an interesting evening with speakers David Dunn and Rob Caron from Rideau Woodland Ramble, near Merrickville, who will give a presentation on the Design and Making of Shade Gardens.
Why not come for the evening and find out what our society is all about? It’s an excellent resource for answering all your gardening questions, whether you’re a beginner or a mature gardener. Membership is only $10 per year for an individual or $15 for a family. You can simply sit back and enjoy the monthly meetings or you can dig right in by helping out with our various community projects.
– Enjoy the social time at each monthly meeting, and compare notes with other keen gardeners.
-Participate in our various Mini Shows, Flower and Vegetable Shows and photography contests.
– Assist with the Annual Plant Sale in May – funds from this provide bursaries to local students pursuing studies in horticulture, forestry or environmental studies.
– Assist with various community projects and the town’s museum gardens.
– Participate in occasional workshops, such as flower arranging, planter gardens and fairy gardens.
– Receive a 10% discount at local businesses such as Reid Gardens, Gemmell’s Garden Center, Canadian Tire, Rockwall Gardens, Kiwi Gardens, Hillside Gardens and Whitehouse Perennials.
Our meetings are held the first Wednesday of the month at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church Hall, 39 Bridge Street, Carleton Place, except for January, February, July and August. The entrance is at the rear on Beckwith Street and meetings start at 7:00 pm. Door prizes and refreshments are provided.
For more information, visit our Facebook page or check out our website at www.cphorticulture.ca.