by Gay Cook
- 9 x 9-in (23 x 23 cm) spring-form pan
- 1/2 cup (125 butter, room-temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar (half brown, half granulated sugar)
- 2 large, roam-free eggs, room-temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) cocoa
- 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Brush melted butter on sides and bottom of spring-form pan;.
2. Beat butter, sugar and eggs with maple syrup together until creamy. Whisk flour with baking powder, salt, cocoa and chips; fold into egg mixture. Spread batter in spring-form pan.
3. Bake 30 – 35 minutes and top of cake is firm to the finger touch. While still warm, cut into 8 to 12 wedges. Serve with fresh local raspberries.