Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups (500 ml) whole almonds, pecans and or walnuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp (5 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar or maple syrup
- 1Ž2 tsp (2 mL) coarse salt
- 1 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- Pinch powdered hot red pepper or to taste.
In a bowl, whisk the egg white and water until frothy; whisk in the sugar, salt, curry powder and hot pepper. Stir in the nuts until evenly coated. Spread on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 15 minutes stirring twice until nuts are lightly browned. Cool and store in airtight container.