The North Lanark Historical Society will host its fourth annual genealogy workshop on:
Tues, Thurs & Fri afternoons, and Sat morning, Nov 17, 19, 20 & 21, 2015
– Afternoon sessions from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.
– Saturday session from 9:30 am until noon.
The 2015 Workshop will include online genealogy, Ancestry and DNA testing. Cost is $15 per day or $50 for the entire session.
Who should attend.
- The workshop is intended for people who wish to begin building a family tree, or who wish to take advantage of the sources and services on the internet.
- For people who have considerable experience already, the workshop will provide a refresher, a discussion of current on-line resources, and some research assistance.
- There will be a review of alternative approaches so that participants can be confident they will not be faced with the need to repeat any work later.
- Free Access will be provided to Ancestry.ca during the workshop.
- Family trees started by attendees will be transferred to private Ancestry accounts or laptop computers for anybody who wishes to continue their research.
- There will be 2 instructors to provide assistance while attendees are building their trees. The DNA session will help attendees decide whether and how to proceed with DNA testing.
For more details or to register online, visit northlanarkregionalmuseum.com and go to our Genealogy and Books link, or phone 613-257-8503.