Position Title: Finance Assistant (Family Relief Program)
PART/Program: Lanark Community Programs – Family Relief
Site/Location: 30 Bennett Street, Carleton Place, ON
Reports to: Finance Coordinator, Family Relief
The Finance Assistant, under the direction of the Financial Coordinator, will primarily be responsible to maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all activities in the day-to-day operation of the Finance Department. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable, invoicing and maintaining budget accounts for Family Relief Clients. This position will act as the first line of contact with vendors or staff regarding invoicing. This role will also ensure that all month-end and year-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Degree or diploma in business, finance, accounting, or a related field or a combination of related education and experience
- Three years of experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls
- Computer skills with a range of software including accounting and Microsoft applications. Microsoft Dynamics NAV an asset.
- Meticulous with numbers
- Demonstrated time management, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic
- Effective communication and ability to work individually as well as part of a team
The Finance Assistant reports directly to the Finance Coordinator
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate to ensure a healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the organization’s hours of operation and program requirements and may include some evenings.
An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a Vulnerable Sector Screening which includes a criminal reference check.
How to apply:
Please submit curriculum vitae and covering letter to: Mike Shane, Financial Coordinator, 30 Bennett St., Carleton Place, ON K7C 4J9, 613-257-7121 or MShane@LCP-Home.com by October 13, 2020.