The Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority is accepting applications for the following position:
Carleton Place, ON
Annual Salary: $55,419 – $69,274
Progressive Benefits Package
Click here for a detailed job description
- Relevant university degree (e.g. environmental science, geography, planning)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and access to a personal vehicle
- A key member of the Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority (MVCA) team, the Environmental Planner primarily reviews and makes recommendations regarding municipal planning applications and reviews and issues permits under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act. The Environmental Planner also conducts site inspections, responds to public enquiries and liaises with a variety of stakeholders.
- Review and process a variety of municipal planning applications including site plans, zoning by-law amendments, minor variances and consents. Document evidence and provide references to applicable policy statements in order to substantiate and defend recommendations. Prepare clear and concise report for submission to the municipality which summarizes review, recommendations and conclusions.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume, covering letter and a separate document that clearly demonstrates how they meet the above position requirements, in MS WORD or PDF file format, no later than August 28, 2017 to:
Matt Craig, Manager of Planning and Regulations
Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority
10970 Hwy 7, Carleton Place Ontario, K7C 3P1
Fax: (613) 253-0122
The Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority is a local, watershed management agency delivering services and programs to help protect and manage water and other natural resources in the watersheds under its jurisdiction. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications; however, we will contact only those candidates selected for consideration. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities.