Great news from the Programme Committee of Mississippi Valley Field Naturalists
On the heals of other most successful international outings to Mexico (an MVFN first), Costa Rica and Cuba to visit the wintering quarters of the migrating monarch butterfly and birds, the MVFN programme committee announces another international outing for next winter, Nature Tour of Central Cuba.
Enjoy finding many exotic tropical birds including 21 species found only in Cuba plus many of our Canadian birds wintering over in this wonderful island nation.
This is a twelve day trip (including travel time), Feb. 8 to 19. It is designated moderate difficulty.
Designed by Quest Nature Tours exclusively for MVFN, our Quest leader will take us into unspoiled (by tourists) regions. He will be assisted by an experienced English speaking Cuban naturalist who will be with us for the entire trip.
Highlights of the tour will include UNESCO Biosphere Reserves and Heritage sites, the fabled Zapata Peninsula flooded woodland and salt marshes (bee hummingbird habitat), natural parks and botanical gardens, the Escambray Mountains, a wonderful beach resort on the north coast, a tour of the restored historic areas of Havana and many, many more surprises.
This is a great tour! I know, for I have been to many of these places before, with Quest Nature Tours.
- including all accommodations (double occupancy) (single accommodation pays a surcharge of US$350)
- Gratuities for all services provided by Quest
- Ground transportation
- All meals as offered
- Bottled water at meals plus in the bus
- Airport transfers
- Park entrance fees
- Services of Quest leader and Cuban bilingual guide
Airfare is separate, we get our own tickets (details to follow). That way, we can use our travel points.
Also not covered are
- any fuel surcharges
- extra accommodations due to interruption of flight services
- airport departure taxes/Cuban tourist visa card (we get these from the airline)
- airport transfers if you don’t fly on the group flight
- bar expenses and optional activities
- items of a personal nature
- Additional transportation due to any emergency situation (your insurance should cover that)
As some members of the previous trip did, we can drive to Toronto the day before, stay overnight in the Carlingview Hotel, leave our vehicles free, and get transported to the air terminal and back.
Or, you can fly in from Ottawa if you wish.
A deposit of US$500 is required by Oct. 15, balance by Dec. 4 of this year.
If you want to join us in another very successful (I’m sure) international outing, here’s what you have to do;
- Send me an email indicating your interest and I will send you a full itinerary, an application form, waiver, plus other details.
- Mail to Quest Nature Tours your deposit, application form and waiver and , you’re in!
- Only four openings for this tour so, don’t delay!
Best for now,