Deadline for application extended to September 1.
- Standard First Aid with CPR C Certificate
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Immunization Record
- be a Registered Early Childhood Educator
- have experience working with 2.5 to 5 year olds in a nursery school or daycare setting
- Assist with the programming, planning and implementation of a nursery school curriculum that promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children;
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children ;
- Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities;
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act and licensing regulations;
- Arrange and assist in the distribution of snack;
- General clean up duties including sanitization of snack areas, dishes, sweeping floors, emptying garbage, etc.
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Dependable and reliable;
- Team player;
- Exceptional judgement skills.
This is a part-time contract position, 4 days a week (Monday to Thursday from 8am-12pm), with a possibility of also working Fridays (8am-1pm).
Contract to commence September 5th, 2017 ending June 26th, 2018 with possible extension for 2018-19 school year.
Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to the attention of
Taryn Houlahan – President
The Co-operative Nursery School of Almonte
106 Elgin Street, Box 1325
Almonte, ON K0A 1A0
Via mail or email to Taryn at email@example.com (subject PRE-SCHOOL TEACHER APPLICATION)
on or before Friday August 25th, 2017.
We thank all who submit an application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.