RETIREMENT HOME BUS DRIVER (PART-TIME)
Welcome to Orchard View by the Mississippi! We are a privately owned, highly respected retirement residence nestled in the beautiful town of Almonte. Everyone deserves to live an engaging and enjoyable life and at Orchard View, we strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment with a full continuum of care available. We offer our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent living to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are always looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, outgoing, service driven individual to offer fun-filled outings for our residents as a part-time Bus Driver.
Under the direction and supervision of the Recreation Director, the Bus Driver will provide safe transportation for Residents to and from activities as well as assist with planning Mystery Drive routes.
- Work closely with Recreation Director in planning routes for outings in and outside Almonte;
- Performs visual circle check of the vehicle before outing begins, and reports any safety issues before outing, to the Recreation Director or his/her designate;
- Assist wheelchair and ambulatory Residents in and out of vehicle;
- Secures all riders with seat belts and/or wheelchair locks;
- Participates in preventative maintenance program for vehicle and maintains records;
- Obeys all traffic and vehicle laws and is responsible for any fines or tickets relating to the manner in which the vehicle is operated;
- Assists residents on/off the bus in a safe manner;
- Assists Recreation Director in the event of an emergency occurring during outings;
- Remains with the residents during outings, assists with outing as needed;
- Complete trip inspection report after each outing;
- Adhere to Infection Control policies;
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid Class B, C or F drivers license and have a safe driving record.
- Preferably 3 years experience operating a commercial vehicle designed to transport less than 20 passengers.
- Patience, understanding and ability to perceive and assess the demands and requests of the residents, management and staff.
- Some knowledge of Almonte and surrounding area.
- Must reside in Canada and be eligible to work.
Prior to employment, applicant must obtain:
- A negative 2-step TB test
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Proof of double vaccination
- Complete online ORCA training courses.
Orchard View by the Mississippi is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Orchard View by the Mississippi will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.