by Susan Hanna
This easy pasta salad with shrimp and green beans from Canadian Living is on the table in 30 minutes. Cook the pasta and green beans, rinse and cool, and place in bowl with tomatoes, shallot and olives. Cook the shrimp, cool slightly, add to the pasta mixture and toss with a lemon vinaigrette. Top with chives and serve.
Avoiding Additives and Preservatives
I used Eden Organic brand vinegar and shrimp with only salt as a preservative. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit Eye For a Recipe.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) short pasta, such as penne
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped green beans
- 2 tsp (10 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (454 g) large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) Kalamata olives, whole or pitted and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh chives
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes; add green beans for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain; rinse under cold running water for 1 minute and drain again. Transfer to large bowl. Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook shrimp, turning once, until pink, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Add shrimp, tomatoes, shallot and olives to bowl with pasta; add vinaigrette, mixing gently to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives.
From Canadian Living