Director of Roads and Public Works
$87,914.50 – $108,069.14 (CET)
$98,780.13 – $121,425.99 (P. Eng)
The Municipality of Mississippi Mills located in the County of Lanark has a population of 12,500. The Director reports to the CAO and is accountable to Council for policy implementation.
The Director will be responsible for the management of the Public Works Department including:
- the operation and maintenance of infrastructure including but not limited to, sewer, water, roads, bridges, sewage treatment, waste disposal, etc.
- implementation of the construction programs approved by Council
- preparation of the budget and tendering documents
- providing advice and technical guidance to the CAO and Council
- ensuring the municipality is in compliance with all applicable Provincial directives
For a detailed job description, check out our web site at mississippimills.ca/careers
- a C.E.T. in the Civil Engineering field or higher educational qualifications
- a minimum of seven (7) years related experience, at least three (3) of which are in the municipal sector
- strong supervisory, organizational and communications skills
- demonstrated experience in the management of a municipal Public Works Department
- knowledge of computer applications in the engineering field
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence, a resume outlining their qualifications to the undersigned no later than 12 o’clock noon on Tuesday, March 29, 2016. We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Diane Smithson, CAO
Municipality of Mississippi Mills
PO Box 400
Almonte ON K0A 1A0
Phone: (613) 256-2064 ext. 225
Fax: (613) 256-4887
If you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613 256-2064. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply or interview for a position with Mississippi Mills we will endeavour to make such accommodations.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
Read this news update on our website
Unsubscribe from ‘Public Notices (RFPs, public meeting announcements, changes in service schedules etc.)’ notifications.