This very easy recipe from the May 2015 issue of Bon Appetit yields great results. Marinate chicken thighs in vinegar, brown and bake. Meanwhile, sauté radishes and mustard greens in butter, dress with vinegar and garnish with fresh tarragon. Cook’s note: if you can’t find mustard greens, use kale or Swiss chard.
Make sure you use butter with only one ingredient: Cream. For more recipes using all-natural ingredients, visit www.eyeforarecipe.ca.
- 2 pounds (900 g) skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (60 ml) plus 1 tablespoon (15 ml) distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter
- 8 radishes, quartered, halved if small
- 1 bunch mustard greens, leaves torn
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) tarragon leaves, divided
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in a large baking dish. Pour ¼ cup vinegar over chicken and let sit 15–20 minutes. Remove chicken from marinade and pat skin dry. Reserve baking dish (no need to wipe it out).
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C) Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Working in batches, cook chicken, skin side down, until skin is golden brown and crisp, 8–10 minutes; turn and cook until other side is just browned, about 4 minutes. Transfer chicken to reserved baking dish; reserve skillet. Bake chicken until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°F (74°C), 10–12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in same skillet over medium-high. Add radishes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until radishes are browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Add mustard greens and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mustard greens are just wilted, about 2 minutes (they should still have some spring in their step). Add 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tarragon and remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) vinegar; toss to combine.
- Serve greens and radishes with chicken topped with remaining 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) tarragon. Serves 4.
From the May 2015 issue of Bon Appetit