Support your local hospital’s birthing centre and women’s health
Mississippi Mills River Walk and Run
The annual Mississippi Mills River Walk and Run presented by SHOPPERS DRUG MART is back for its 4th year on Saturday, Sept. 9 from 8:30 to 11:30 am, starting and finishing at the Almonte General Hospital.
The event features a 3 km recreational walk or run, and a 3 km, 5 km and 10 km timed walk or run. Pre- and post-event activities include:
- live music
- Zumba fitness warm-ups
- kids’ activities (face painting, bouncy castle)
- onsite massages
- cheering stations
- recovery food.
This event is geared for family fun. Medals and t-shirts are provided for all participants and prizes for team spirit, top finishers in each timed event, top fundraisers and pledge collection will be awarded.
Proceeds benefit to the Almonte General Hospital /Fairview Manor Foundation to help with the purchase of new equipment for the obstetrical unit and women’s health care.
If you, your children or grandchildren were born at AGH, this event is the perfect way to show your appreciation for our amazing Obstetrical program including our doctors, nurses, mid-wives and hospital staff.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED – YOU CAN:
- REGISTER to walk or run
- ENTER as a TEAM and show your team colours plus you could win cool prizes like a Sens Suite
- DONATE or pledge your support to a participant or team
- CHEER for participants as they make their way along the route
- VOLUNTEER on September 9th between the hours of 7:30 am and Noon.
NOTE: Strollers, wheelchairs and walkers are welcome at the event. No pets, bikes or roller blades at the event please.
- Volunteers receive shirts and refreshments, and a fun morning is guaranteed.
- To register online to walk/run, or to sponsor a participant, visit www.aegleevents.com.
- To volunteer, please email email@example.com.