Job Title: Youth Worker
Directly Responsible to: Program Coordinator
Indirectly Responsible to: Managing Director
The On-Call Youth Worker is responsible for the facilitation of youth programs as determined by the Program Coordinator, Managing Director and MMYC Board of Directors.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Youth Worker(s) will:
- Deliver free/low cost and fun after school programs including those engaging youth in environmental activities, arts and crafts, physical activity and other drop-in activities with youth 10 to 18 years of age;
- Assist the Program Coordinator with some aspects of program development, planning and implementation;
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for the youth, staff and volunteers;
- Provide direct supervision to youth and program volunteers;
- Establish a positive relationship with all program participants and with youth visiting the Centre and have fun while doing so;
- Act as a positive role model to the youth, volunteers and staff of MMYC;
- Act as a positive representative of MMYC in the community;
- Maintain safety, order and appropriate level of cleanliness of program space;
- Participate in and provide support for ongoing programming;
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate respect at all times;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Enforce MMYC protocol for appropriate, safe, and respectful behaviour;
- Complete incident and injury reports;
- Enforce program timing. For example: If scheduled free drop in time has ended, inform the youth that they are to move on to the scheduled program activity;
- Cleaning of the youth centre as needed;
- Follow Youth Centre dress code and all other policies as outlined upon orientation.
- Casual position with no guaranteed hours
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours is required to best accommodate the organizational demands of the operation (evenings, weekends) and/or to accommodate activities such as events, trips and other functions as required
- Travel may be required
- On-Call youth workers require an up to date First Aid/CPR;
- Before starting work at the youth centre, you must provide a background check with vulnerable sectors check.