PERMANENT JOB POSTING
Position Title: Primary Care Registered Nurse 0.5 FTE (17.5hrs/week)
PART/Program: North Lanark Community Health Centre
Site/Location: 207 Robertson Drive, Lanark
Contract Date: ASAP
The Primary Care Registered Nurse (RN) promotes the health of individuals, families and the community we serve. Working within a multidisciplinary team, the RN will identify and promote care decisions that build on the capacity that is inherent in the individual or the community served. The RN provides direct primary care nursing to clients of all ages in varying states of wellness and to those with acute and/or chronic illness. The RN provides support for the urgent care clinic and triages clients with urgent and emergent health issues. The RN provides clinical support to the inter-disciplinary team of practitioners and promotes and facilitates clinical, educational and health promotion programs.
Requirements for this position include:
- BScN preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferably working in a multi-disciplinary team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent health assessment and clinical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Experience in the development and delivery of health education and health promotion programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and understanding of rural communities and rural health needs.
The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Primary Care Team Lead
Conditions of Employment:
Hours of work will be developed in collaboration with the successful candidate with consideration of healthy work-life balance. A schedule of work will be based on the organization’s hours of operation and program requirements, and may include some evenings. An offer of employment will be conditional upon the candidate completing a criminal reference check.
How to apply:
Please submit curriculum vitae and covering letter by noon on June 26, 2017 to: Jodi Halpenny, Administrative Assistant, North Lanark Community Health Centre, 207 Robertson Drive, Lanark, Ontario K0G 1K0 by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (613) 259-5235 with subject line: REGISTERED NURSE
The North Lanark Community Health Centre, a part of Lanark Renfrew Health & Community Services, is a fully accredited health centre providing primary health care, health promotion services and illness prevention services. LRHCS is a HOOPP employer.